Day 2 programme.
We are thrilled to bring you 3 days of a fantastic programme. Hear from companies such as Vopak, Alkion Terminals, Varo Energy, Exolum, Odfjell, Evos, Navigator Terminals, VTTI and many more.
Day two of the event will take a closer look at the journey to Industry 4.0 and the importance of digitalisation at the terminal.
Key speakers such as Fulco van Geuns, Director Digital Innovation at Vopak, Mark Noordhoek-Hegt, CEO, Nxtport International and Atul Kaul, a partner at Cognizant, will cover the need to digitilise tank storage assets, how to use data effectively and improve supply chain visibility.
13.00 Opening remarks from the chair
Ravi Bhatiani, Executive Director, FETSA
13.05 What is the future for the European tank storage sector?
Lucia van Geuns, Strategic Advisor for Energy, The Hague Centre for Strategic Studies
- Overview of government initiatives supporting the energy transition
- Current storage capacity and future capacity requirements by location
- Future market share of biofuels / hydrogen / LNG
- Geopolitical factors impacting the energy transition
13.30 Helping the industry navigate the future of energy
Oscar Kraan, Manager Strategy, Deloitte Consulting
- How will the industry adapt to the different pathways to decarbonisation including hydrogen, chemicals, LNG & batteries, CO2 storage?
- Timescales & acceleration of the energy transition
- Overview of current energy transition projects from the major players
13.55 Demand developments for the rest of the 2020s – and their impact on the storage sector in Europe
Mark Waddington, Director and Senior Consultant, Channoil Consulting
- What levels of storage are we seeing for crude and refined products, and what are the key drivers?
- The current storage landscape in key regions: Asia, Middle East, and the US
- Geopolitical tensions and other macroeconomic factors impacting demand for storage
14.20 Alkion Terminals and the energy transition in continental Europe
Rutger Van Thiel, CEO, Alkion Terminals
14.45 NETWORKING BREAK
15.15 Evos’ role in the energy transtition
Ramon Ernst, Managing Director, Evos
- The H2Gate project and the potential of large scale hydrogen imports
- Hydrogen carriers
- Evos’ digital journey
15.40 HG Storage Sustainability
Gary Kalmin, CEO, HG Storage International
- Sustainability challenges
- Feasible solutions
- Creating value
- HG initiatives
16.05 Flow batteries boosting the energy transition
Guido Dalessi, CEO, Elestor
- Large-scale, long duration electricity storage
- Connecting electricity storage to hydrogen infrastructures
16.30 Update of financing activity for liquid storage operators in last 12 months
Berend R. Paasman, Senior Vice President, DNB Bank ASA
- Surge of private and institutional financing sources
- ESG linked financing for terminal operators
- Financing solutions for storage of future fuels/ energy transition
16.30 Panel discussion: How the terminal sector is embracing the energy transition
Lucia van Geuns,
Energy, Hague Centre
Director and Senior Consultant,
Rutger Van Thiel,
Chief Sustainability Officer,
HG Storage International
Berend R. Paasman,
Senior Vice President,
DNB Bank ASA
Head of Sustainability,
17.15 Mitigate the lightning risk on your bulk liquid storage tank
Blandine Goetz, Sales Manager, Northern Europe, Meteorage
- Secure your staff in time for a storm
- Manage and adapt your activity (loading / unloading, works..) when a storm is threatening your site
- Check your facilities and lightning protection the following day of a thunderstorm
Get involved with StocExpo Conference.
StocExpo hosts the global bulk liquid storage industry and is the perfect platform that helps your business on a day-to-day basis.