This Moisture and corrosion sensor can be placed on top of the cladding/weather shielding of insulated assets to monitor their condition. The sensor’s capacitive measurement principle detects any change that occurs between the cladding and the surface of the pipe or tank.
The wireless sensor sends its measurement data to a gateway on which data analysis software is installed to evaluate the different stages of CUI: water ingress, coating degradation, initiation of corrosion, leakage, …
This information is valuable for effective inspection and maintenance management of static assets, paying attention and spending money only for those assets that need it when they need it.
Installation is easy in ways you’ve only dreamed about:
– No need to remove nor to replace the insulation
– No intrusion into the insulation nor through vapor barriers keeping the insulation system intact : the sensor is fixed onto the outside of the cladding with straps
– No cabling installation headaches: sensor sends data wirelessly over LORA to the on-premise gateway.
Data gathered continuously provide a wealth of useful information to:
– Improve plant productivity
– Lower costs of inspection labour and scaffolding
– Reduce unplanned downtimes
– De-risking CUI
With this continuous monitoring no personnel is required to do inspection under difficult and unsafe conditions.